Double Major Program
The aim of the double major program is to provide a second Bachelor’s degree for those students who carry out their main major programs successfully.
Application and Admission;
- Applications for the double major program are made to the Faculty Administration with a completed application form and a transcript during the period announced on the Academic Calendar.
- A student may apply for a double major program at the beginning of the third semester the earliest and the fifth semester the latest.
- A student must have successfully completed all the credits required in her/his main major program in the semester in which she/he applies. The student should have a grade point average (GPA) of at least 3.00/4.00 at the time of application and rank among the top 20% of her/his main major program.
- Candidates applying for a program at Kadir Has University which requires special talent should pass the special talent examination held by the programs.
- Applications are processed by the Faculty Administration. Acceptances are finalized by the advice of the applied department and the decision of the Faculty Executive Board.6. It is not possible to register for more than one double major program at a time. Students who are registered for a double major program are permitted to apply for a new program only if they withdraw from the double major program that they are registered to.
Date of Application
Date of application is announced on the Academic Calendar.
- Required Documents
A completed and signed application form.
- Scholarships and Tuition Fees
Students who are unable to complete their double major program during the normal academic period of their main program, whether on a scholarship or not, pay the required fees per credit for the double major program set by the Board of Trustees.
Students who are on the Merit Scholarship of University Entrance Exam and doing a double major do not pay for the courses of summer semester if they take them for the first time. In other cases, the tuition fee is set for the summer semester by the Board of Trustees.
Students who are on 50 or 25 % on Merit Scholarship of University Entrance Exam and doing a double major pay a reduced rate in proportion with the scholarship for the courses of summer semester if they take them for the first time. In other cases, the tuition fee is set for the summer semester by the Board of Trustees.
- Merit and Graduation Conditions
A single transcript record displaying the average score of both majors is prepared for the double major program.
In order to complete a double major program, all credits of the relevant course schedule must be completed and the other required conditions (internship e.g.) must be fulfilled. Courses that are considered equivalent of one another in two programs (in addition to those that are the same in both) are determined by the faculty board.
In order to successfully complete the double major program, students are required to earn at least 36 course credits in each relevant major program in addition to the common courses and courses that have been accounted for both programs. and obtain a GPA of 2,80/4,00.
Students are not allowed to get a diploma of the second bachelor degree if they have not been entitled to graduate from their original major.
- Leave of Absence
Students on a leave of absence in their main major program are simultaneously granted a leave of absence in the double major program. In case of dormant courses/practices or conflicting course schedules, students may be granted leave of absence for at most two semesters upon approval of the related major.
- Temporary or Permanent Leave or Exmatriculation from the Double Major Program
- A student may quit the double major program voluntarily
- Double major students are permitted to make a lateral transfer to their second majors from their original majors, if they fulfill the conditions for lateral transfers within the institution.
- Students who fail to take courses in two consecutive semesters without obtaining a prior permit are removed from the double major program.
- A double major student is permitted just once to get a GPA below 2,50/4,00. Otherwise the matriculation is cancelled if the GPA is below 2,50 for two semesters (consecutive or non-consecutive).
If a student quits the double major program, the grades of successfully completed courses in the second major may be substituted for elective courses pending approval of their academic advisor and decision of the faculty board. Grades that have not been substituted for electives are not taken into consideration for the calculation of the GPA in their major program.
- Period of Study Under Double Major Program
Students who are entitled to graduate from their original major before their second major program may prolong the period of study for at most two semesters pending decision of the faculty board. In this case, these students are all subject to the same rules about the tuition fees as those in a single major program.